KittensAdoption Cost: 60
Satellite Locations – CatsAdoption Cost: 55
Satellite Locations – KittensAdoption Cost: 80
Adult CatsAdoption Cost: 5
Senior CatsAdoption Cost: 5
PuppiesAdoption Cost: 250
Adult DogsAdoption Cost: 150
Adult Lap DogAdoption Cost: 250
Senior DogsAdoption Cost: 100
LovablesAdoption Cost: 100
*Satellite Locations – Petco – Detroit, Petsmart – Dearborn, Petsmart – Taylor & Pet Supply Plus – Dearborn
Adoption Special: Lonely Hearts
- Look for the dogs & cats with the Lonely Heart emblem on their cage.
- Lonely Heart adoption fee for dogs is $50.00.
- Lonely Heart adoption fee for cats is $5.00.
Adoption Special: Lovables
These are exceptional dogs that “diamonds in the rough”. They may have never felt the love of a human. They may have lived on the end of a chain and never experienced living in a house. They may be strong and very active dogs. As a result, these dogs will need more patience, compassion and understanding to help them shine. With a little extra TLC, these deserving dogs with give back more than humanly possible.
- Lovables adoption fee $100.
- See our available training classes online.
- Purebred dogs
- High demand dogs
- $400 fee
Adoption Special: Military Veterans
First, Thank You for Your Service!
To qualify for Veteran Adoption Programs you must be able to provide on of the following forms of identification:
- Military ID
- DD 214
- VA ID card
- Veteran endorsement on your drivers license
FAMD Veteran Adoption Program
Approved veterans will qualify for the following discounts for a companion animal.
- 50% Off Adult Dog Adoption Fees
- $5 Adult Cat Adoption Fees
Stiggys Dogs is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization that rescues, trains, and provides service dogs for Veterans with PTSD or TBI at no cost to them. We proudly partner with this organization as they train many of our shelter dogs. If you’re a veteran looking to benefit from their services please visit them online at StiggysDogs.org.
Your Adoption Includes:
- Forever Friend – priceless
- Basic medical exam
- Behavior assessment
- Spay or neuter
- ID tag
- Age-appropriate vaccinations
- Fecal/ Worming
- Occult Heartworm Test (at least 6 months old)
- Transportation box (cats only)
- Cat Comforter (cats only)
- Pedigree Collar (dogs only)
- Go-home buddy blanket (dogs only)
- Sample bag of Pedigree food (dogs only)
- Happy Howie’s goin’-home adoption bag
- Adoption counselors to help you find the right companion animal for your family, home, and lifestyle
- A value of over $300 for cats and over $450 for dogs
The Friends recommend that if you are adopting a new cat or kitten, the feline be tested for Feline Leukemia (FLV) and Feline immunodeficiency virus ( FIV), especially if there are already cats in the home. We offer the test for $20.00 at the time of adoption (a value of $45.00).
Additional Products and Services Available
The Friends offer the following additional products and services to care for your new family member. Please inquire during the adoption process:
- Testing for Feline Leukemia and Feline Aids
- Lifetime enrollment in AKC microchip recovery program – $10 enrollment fee
- Informational handouts on companion animal care and behavior issues
- Pet-behavior assistance and consultations. Contact us at anytime for assistance: 313-943-2697 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Pet training classes
- PetFirst Healthcare Insurance – Adopters are entitled to an introductory Pet Insurance offer from PetFirst HeathCare for $5.00 the first month. Adopters must register their pet within 20 days of adoption.
- $1,000 of accident/illness coverage, $500 per incident
- 100% reimbursement after a $50.00 deductible
- Use any veterinarian
- For more information call PetFirst Healthcare at 1-866-937-PETS (7387) or www.petfirstadoption.com
Adoption Special: The Price is Right for Love
- Includes: Cats 6 months and older.
- Adoption fee still includes: Awesome adoption benefits, such as a medical check, spay/neuter, microchipping, and kitty comforter.
- You’ll still consult with our adoption counselors to find your purr-fect match and fill out the associated adoption survey.