KittensAdoption Cost: 60
Satellite Locations – CatsAdoption Cost: 55
Satellite Locations – KittensAdoption Cost: 80
Adult CatsAdoption Cost: 35
Senior CatsAdoption Cost: 20
PuppiesAdoption Cost: 250
Adult DogsAdoption Cost: 150
Adult Lap DogAdoption Cost: 250
Senior DogsAdoption Cost: 100
Luv-a-BullzAdoption Cost: 100
Luv-a-Bullz PuppiesAdoption Cost: 250
*Satellite Locations – Petco – Detroit, Petsmart – Dearborn, Petsmart – Taylor & Pet Supply Plus – Dearborn
Adoption Special: Lonely Hearts
- Look for the dogs & cats with the Lonely Heart emblem on their cage.
- Lonely Heart adoption fee for dogs is $50.00.
- Lonely Heart adoption fee for cats is $5.00.
Adoption Special: Luv-a-Bullz
- Luv-a-Bullz adoption fee $100.
- 6-week training class is included in the adoption fee.
- Limited Time.
- See our available training classes online.
- Purebred dogs
- High demand dogs
- $400 fee
Adoption Special: Military Veterans
- Pets for Patriots-Companion Pets: Veteran must apply to Pets for Patriots to be approved into the program. Veterans will receive an approval letter to bring to the shelter to find his or her dog/cat match. Pets must meet at least one of these criteria:
- Dog or cat, 2 years old or older
- Dog, over 40 pounds
- Special needs dog or cat (e.g., chronic medical condition)
Veteran pays the shelter a reduced adoption fee. A gift card for supplies and members-only discounts (e.g. veterinary services) are provided through Pets For Patriots partners.
- Pets for Vets-Companion Pets: Veteran goes to Pets for Vets to apply. Pets for Vets will contact the veteran to set up home visit and interview. Pets for Vets will select a pet (Cat or Dog) specifically for each veteran. Pets for Vets cover the *adoption fee, provide training specific to fit the needs of the veteran, supply necessary equipment to start off and assist vets to find reduced vet care and equipment for the lifetime of the pets. They also supply training support for the life time of the dog.
- FAMD Pet Adoption for Vets Program-Companion Pets: Veteran goes through typical FAMD adoption requirements and process. Approved veteran adopters with proof of military service receive a reduced adoption fees: Adult Dogs 50% off regular adoption fee (or special adoption fee if lower) Adult Cats $5.00 adoption fee.
- Stiggy’s Dogs-Service dogs for Veterans with PTSD or TBI: Veteran goes to Stiggy’s Dogs to apply. Applicant must have a diagnosis of Combat-Related Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) or Combat-Related Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI). Also required, a note from your doctor stating you would benefit from a Service Dog. Stiggys contacts applicant to assess need. Stiggy’s provides a trained service dog with initial equipment at no charge to qualified veteran.
Your Adoption Includes:
- Forever Friend – priceless
- Basic medical exam
- Behavior assessment
- Spay or neuter
- ID tag
- Age-appropriate vaccinations
- Fecal/ Worming
- Occult Heartworm Test (at least 6 months old)
- Transportation box (cats only)
- Cat Comforter (cats only)
- Pedigree Collar (dogs only)
- Go-home buddy blanket (dogs only)
- Sample bag of Pedigree food (dogs only)
- Happy Howie’s goin’-home adoption bag
- Adoption counselors to help you find the right companion animal for your family, home, and lifestyle
- A value of over $300 for cats and over $450 for dogs
The Friends recommend that if you are adopting a new cat or kitten, the feline be tested for Feline Leukemia (FLV) and Feline immunodeficiency virus ( FIV), especially if there are already cats in the home. We offer the test for $20.00 at the time of adoption (a value of $45.00).
Additional Products and Services Available
The Friends offer the following additional products and services to care for your new family member. Please inquire during the adoption process:
- Testing for Feline Leukemia and Feline Aids
- Lifetime enrollment in AKC microchip recovery program – $10 enrollment fee
- Informational handouts on companion animal care and behavior issues
- Pet-behavior assistance and consultations. Contact us at anytime for assistance: 313-943-2697 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Pet training classes
- PetFirst Healthcare Insurance – Adopters are entitled to an introductory Pet Insurance offer from PetFirst HeathCare for $5.00 the first month. Adopters must register their pet within 20 days of adoption.
- $1,000 of accident/illness coverage, $500 per incident
- 100% reimbursement after a $50.00 deductible
- Use any veterinarian
- For more information call PetFirst Healthcare at 1-866-937-PETS (7387) or www.petfirstadoption.com
Adoption Special: The Price is Right for Love
- Includes: Cats 6 months and older.
- Adoption fee still includes: Awesome adoption benefits, such as a medical check, spay/neuter, microchipping, and kitty comforter.
- You’ll still consult with our adoption counselors to find your purr-fect match and fill out the associated adoption survey.