$5,106 = 64 meows
$7,400 = 100 meows
This December 1, The Friends For the Dearborn Animal Shelter is proud to be a partner in #GIVINGTUESDAY™, a movement to celebrate a global day of giving and to officially kick-off the holiday giving season. Our Giving Tuesday is “kitty cuddle Tuesday” and you can be part of the cuddle-fest!
Our Giving Tuesday Goal?
Our shelter is literally packed with little bitty babies. More than 69 cats and kittens are currently in foster right “meow” . . . and there’s more to come.
Goal: To raise at least $5,106 today!
Why? It takes $74 to nurture and care for a kitty from intake to adoption.
Let’s do the math: 69 kitties x $74 = $5,106
Our Giving Tuesday Kitty Story?
In late August, a local resident found a lost and pregnant mama and brought her to our shelter. Less than three weeks later, her kittens Bikini, Hibiscus, Luau, and Hula were born under our care. Within a few weeks another litter of kitties was found with no mother in sight. Luckily, the four “tropical storm” babies were happy to share their mama with them, and all eight babies flourished. Hibiscus and Bikini are still looking for homes, and the “flurry” of babies continues. They need YOU right now.
What Can You Do?
- Donate now! A $74 gift will sponsor one of our homeless babies.
- Donate monthly! Become a kitty caregiver all year long. A $10 per month donation x 12 = $120. That breaks down to .32 per day to ensure a baby animal is comfy & cozy.
- Take an UNselfie (a picture of you and why you support the Friends on Giving Tuesday). Post it on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
- Send 8 UNselfies to 8 friends and ask them to donate. If you share with 8 people and they each donate $10 you will have nurtured a kitten here at the shelter! And, voila, you’re a kitty caregiver!
- Giving Tuesday “Kitty Cuddle” break. A super simple way to give back is to visit our many kitties and give some cuddle time. Socializing our kitties helps them get used to being handled, which leads to quicker adoptions. Maybe you’ll even fall in love and add a new family member!
To celebrate your spirit of giving, here’s a mew-tastic video of Bikini, Hibiscus, Luau, and Hula. It’s a tropical storm you’ll love!
**if you do not see a donation form please click here, as we are having some technical issues and we are working on fixing it.